I was taking Ben & Maggie to school on Monday morning and I knew that Ben would be excited that we had more snow on Sunday night. It still wasn't sticking on the roads or sidewalks, but there was a little more on the grass. As I was dragging Maggie out of bed, Ben came in her room and said "Mum, look, it snowed again, I bet we don't have school today, you need to look on the website and check". The first thing he did when he went downstairs was to check on the computer to see if the school was closed, but he wasn't disappointed that it was going to be open. He wolfed down his breakfast and insisted that he had to go outside to play in the snow, so he played outside for 20 minutes before he went to school. He was wearing a pair of pants that I had bought for Daniel this year and they were a little long on him, so the bottoms were soaked by the time he went to school. Why do kids not care about that kind of thing at all?


No comments:
Post a Comment