In the spirit of catching up on everything that has happened since my active blogging dried up, I have now turned to the report on scouts. I am still not sure which has taken over our lives more-scouts or school. I'd say on the whole that scouts is the front runner. Every week, Sam & I get more & more involved. A while ago, I volunteered us to organize the Blue & Gold banquet. Initially, that meant that we were involved in organizing the competition for the placemat drawing that was used for the invitations. It also meant that Sam was involved on the pack committee and the monthly meetings have been moved to our house. Sam has now been voted in as the pack secretary and I have somehow become the activities coordinator. Sam has now been to the scouts official training day & has a uniform.
Sam and I have both been going to the den meetings recently because there is so much to do. I have been organizing the parents in making centerpieces for the tables. We decided that we should recycle as much as possible, so we made flowers out of old fabric and stuck them on stems made from magazine pages. We are going to cover old soda bottles and put sand in the bottom for containers and we are going to get the boys to make bugs on Monday. Then, we'll arrange the flowers inside the containers with a bug or too & it should look pretty good.
It is the Pinewood Derby on Saturday. It will probably take up most of the day by the time it's all done. Ben has made his car, it's not the most aerodynamic shape but it's pretty good and he did a great job of painting it. Hopefully the boys will have a good time & not be disappointed if their car doesn't win.
No comments:
Post a Comment