The Principal at Ben's school had a great idea this year. Every Friday, one child from each class gets to Walk with Wallace. The "child of the week" is chosen by the teacher based on how well they have done in the past week. At the end of the day on Thursday, Mr Simpson reads the names of the kids that are picked for that week. Ben's teacher had told him a few weeks ago that he was going to be picked, but that he'd blown his chance by being giggly in his reading lesson. Ever since then, he has been trying really hard and never quite made it. Yesterday, his teacher sent us an email to say "I can't believe that Ben is sick today, I hope he'll be here tomorrow because he is walking with Wallace". Can you believe it? The week he gets picked, he's not even in class to hear his name announced!!!! It didn't seem to bother him at all & he's extremely excited that he gets to do it today. I guess it worked out for the best as the past few weeks the weather has been terrible. The forecast for this afternoon is 72 degrees. Ben is on a roll at the moment-he got first place at the Science Fair, he won the 2 raffle prizes that he really wanted and now he's walking with Wallace!!!
However, as a last note, I will mention that a "friend" of mine commented that it took a week of Ben feeling under the weather to be nominated. I said "hey, only I can say that, you're supposed to think he's wonderful". Hhmmmm....the exact same thought had crossed my mind!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment