Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Little Shop of Horrors

Even though I have been at SLU for 12 years, I have never been to see any of the plays that the theater group puts on. However, I saw that they were doing Little Shop of Horrors and thought that it would be right up Ben's alley. I asked him if he wanted to go and see a play about a man eating plant and he was all over it. We went to the matinee performance on Sunday. One of Ben's friends and his mother went with us and I took Maggie with me because Sam went bike riding. When we walked in, the place was full of older people dressed to the nines and there were no other children around. My immediate response was that the outing would be a disaster as the kids would be laughing and we'd upset everyone around us and we'd have to leave. I could not have been more wrong. Even though Maggie said it was boring, wriggled the whole way through and asked after every song if it was done, she did very well and I managed to keep her quiet. The boys sat enthralled through the whole thing and didn't make a sound. One of the ladies in front of us complimented them twice on how well behaved they were. The show was brilliant. The set was very professional and the actors all did an excellent job. They were easily as good as some professional shows I have seen. I am usually very selective about picking events for the kids to go to. This was definitely one of my better decisions. I will keep my eye out for other shows that the kids might be interested in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeffrey absolutley LOVED live theatre, shows, concert, events when he was little - we never missed anything local...have not been for years now. I miss it. Sammy would never sit still. Glad they had fun!

Judy