Yesterday, I did something that I never thought I would do-I told Milly that she could buy whatever clothes she wanted to for Ben & Maggie. Since we have had warmer weather this week, I was looking for something suitable for Maggie to wear and figured out that all the leggings she has are far too small. Neither of the kids have any/many T shirts that they are going to be able to wear in the Spring or Summer as they have both grown so much. Luckily, I think Ben has some shorts that he can still fit in, but I am not even sure about that. We have a clothing charity coming next week and so I have put out 4 trash bags full of clothes for them to take. We now have loads of room in the closets and drawers for new stuff!!!! This is a completely alien concept in our house. Ben was stuck at virtually the same height and weight for about 2 years and could wear his clothes from one year to another, that is obviously not going to happen again. Of course, we are measuring his growth carefully now he's on the GH. Every time he asks me to measure him on the door frame, he's grown another little bit. Sam & I were looking at him lined up with the other boys yesterday and even though he's still shorter than all of them, he's not that far behind many of them that have pretty tall parents. It's probably a relative thing, but I don't think he's noticeably smaller than the rest any more, that extra couple of inches has definitely helped.
On the other hand, Maggie is growing like crazy. I can remember when she was wearing clothes that were a year or two behind her age, now she's definitely a 5T & I keep forgetting she will be 5 in June. Her body is getting so long and she's so skinny that I have to cinch in all her pants so they don't fall off. She still has perfect legs, a great shape & very muscular. She will still not wear girlie clothes if she can get away with it. Every time Dad dresses her, she's in a baseball shirt and jeans because he lets her choose what she wants. After I'd tried all her leggings in vain yesterday, I said "OK, what about jeans?" She was visibly relieved!!! MIL sent her a bathing suit the other week & I took it out of the package and held it up. She just looked at it and said (extremely vehemently and with hand gestures) "I'm NOT wearing that. No way"
1 comment:
Oksana has grown out of all four T's as well. Both pants and shirts and won't be five until September! I now bye her six T for shirts!
Post a Comment