Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bob & SoooSan

Sam had a very busy (and expensive) day yesterday as he went to the Honda dealership and bought 2 new cars!!!! He has never been happy with the Dodge Grand Caravans that we got right after we brought Daniel & Maggie home. At the time, we needed 3 car seats in each car and there was just not enough room in my CRV for everyone. We bought my van two days after we came home and Sam traded in his Suburban the next day. We got both vans as ex-lease cars from Enterprise and Sam's was never quite right. I have always missed my CRV and wanted to get another one, so Sam has been looking at them online & in the newspaper for several weeks. He didn't even tell me where he was going yesterday morning, but turned up an hour later with a brand new red CRV and told me to try it out. The kids were more excited than I was and we all went out for a drive in it. It didn't take long to convince me that I just had to have it!!!! Ben announced that the car had to be called Susan. I had no idea where the name came from until Sam told me it was the girl's name in Monsters vs Aliens and it should be pronounced SoooSan. So, here is Susan sitting in the driveway.
After Sam went back to pay for my car, he decided to go ahead and get an Odyssey for himself, so we are now a 2 Honda family. This is Sam's first Honda, I know he's going to love it. In keeping with the Monsters vs Aliens theme, Sam's car is now called Bob......

2 comments:

Katie and Pete said...

Love your new ride! Oh, the days of not having to drive a minivan, I am quite jealous.

What did you think of the SWAF newsletter yesterday?

Martinfamily4 said...

Wow - they are nice! Congrats.. hubby bought us a new Dodge Caravan right before we headed to Ukraine to get his girly...well needless to say - just a week (6 months later from purchase) before we headed back for our third and final trip - I was hit in the drivers side and it was totaled. We did get another one...about a month after we got home with Sammy and I love my Town & Country!