Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Dress alert
It is hard to believe that Maggie will soon be leaving day care and going to kindergarten. She is essentially skipping a room at her day care because she will be young for her year at school, there are only 2 other children in her room that will be leaving with her. She is going to be graduating with the kids in the older room and they have been getting organized for graduation together. They had graduation photos taken on Tuesday and I had unknowingly put out a dress for her to wear that day. I got her dressed in the morning and I got the usual "Mum, what's this? It's a dress" conversation from her. I assured her that she could run around as usual (they have to wear shorts underneath dresses at her day care) and that she'd be very comfortable. I got her stock reply "Mum, but everyone's going to laugh at me". When I got home, Ben and Maggie were playing baseball in the front yard, she should be on Ben's team as she is probably better than Ben already (she's definitely got the batting stance). Obviously, she'd figured out how to keep going despite the dress. I asked her if anyone had laughed at her at school and she told me everyone said "Oh Maggie, you're wearing a dress, how cute". She didn't seem too impressed by that, but I guess it was marginally better than being laughed at!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment