The latest zoo exhibit opened on May 9th and was free to zoo members that day.
Stingrays at Caribbean Cove will be open through September 30th this year.You are able to put your hand in the water and let the stingrays swim by you, their stingers have been clipped so that they don't sting anyone. They feel completely different to what I had expected, their skin feels like velvet (Ben says it feels like leather).



It is another great exhibit at the zoo, they are continually improving their exhibits for the animals and there isn't a better place to visit in St. Louis. It had poured with rain all Friday morning and I thought we were going to have to cancel our trip, but luckily the weather brightened up considerably in the afternoon. Although there were long lines for everything, it all went very quickly and wasn't anything like as bad as I had expected. There was plenty of space in the car park, must have been my karma that offset what happened the next day (see previous post!!). Everything was free, so we went on the carousel and the train.


Ben & Sam went on the dinosaur ride. Ben loves it, but Maggie is absolutely terrified. We did everything at the right time, we went to see the stingrays as soon as we got there. Later on, the lines were much longer than when we went in. We got straight on the train, but I saw a long line later. The kids played in the children's garden until the zoo closed at 8, I got to watch the otters play in the water. They are still my favourite animals there....
No comments:
Post a Comment