I start with one idea and before I know it, a new project is born. It started with my frustration to find a place where I can put one of my bird baths. Most of our back yard slopes and I'm always trying to find somewhere flat. I decided to try putting it on the grass next to the patio and soon I was digging up all the grass in that area with the view to putting in a small garden area next to the house.

I moved all the grass that I dug up and placed it in the run off spots in the yard, particularly under the dogwood where the roots were coming through, I just hope it survives.

Earlier in the Spring, we also remodeled the back of our existing garden area to try to stop the rain run off washing all the mulch away. We put a row of paving stones at the back, shortened the planter and planted grass. So far, it seems to be working really well. As usual, it will take us years longer to settle into the outside of our home than the inside!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment