Sunday, January 4, 2009

Getting ready for the last day of freedom

I think we are all ready for the holidays to be over. We've pretty much been in relaxed mode for 2 weeks now. The last two weeks have been broken up with a couple of days of work/camp/day care & I think we all needed it. We have all been sleeping in later & later as time has gone by & it will be a shock to us to get back into the routine tomorrow morning-I do NOT envy Sam having to drag the kids out of bed, especially Maggie!!!! We started thinking about back to school yesterday as Ben & I started to look through his scouts book to see what we need to get done before their next den meeting. Ben has not done anything related to school since he went on Winter break & I had big aspirations for doing all kinds of things with him, it's a good job I don't home school!!!! Maggie has been doing very well with her speech and communication recently, I think she does benefit from being at home with us and interacting more than she typically does at day care. The level of bickering and fighting has increased with them spending more time together and I moved Maggie's car seat to the back yesterday because she constantly pesters Ben and leans out of her seatbelt to whack him. His arms are long enough that he can get to her without the leaning. The final straw was when Maggie said "ha, ha, you can't get me" and then started crying when Ben got her!!! The other day Sam reminded me of a time many years ago when we were following Molly & Tim's car out to cut our Christmas tree and you could see Molly flailing her arm around at the girls in the back seat, my Mum spent her life doing that to Marie & I when we were driving!!!! Why do kids start in on each other as soon as they get in the car???!!!! Well, it's almost 9 am & I hear the sound of Ben getting dressed. They will be up 2 hours earlier tomorrow!!! Let's see what this final day of freedom brings.....

1 comment:

Katie and Pete said...

I'm jealous! Mine don't go back until Tuesday...