We had big plans today. We were going to get hair cuts, go to the store & then go to see Inkheart at the movies (I wanted to see it more than the kids). It took us way longer to get hair cuts than I was imagining. We go to Custom Cuts & I wanted to wait for Lauren to cut Ben & Maggie's hair. Unfortunately, she had just started with someone when we got there. I managed to get Ben to agree to get his hair cut by about 2 inches (it's still long though). Maggie had hers cut sufficiently so that she can't eat it any more. They both look much better. After that, we started making our way over to the store that is close to Jan & Julie's house. Ben wanted to go & see them as we haven't seen them since the New Year. When we left their house, Ben asked me if we were still going to the movies & I told him that I didn't think we'd have time to go any longer because we had just been to see Jan & Julie. Then he said "well, movies don't really matter, it's people that matter and Jan & Julie really matter. It was much better to go and see them".
Did this really come out of my 7 year old's mouth? I guess I don't give him enough credit sometimes. I thought he'd have a fit because we could not go to the movie & he comes out with something like this? Maybe he's not that egocentric after all. Maybe we are doing a better job than I think we are!!!!
1 comment:
Samantha chews on her hair all the time too, that is why I try to keep it up - but she still manages to chew it. It is either the hair or the thumb. :)
Post a Comment