Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A more legitimate snow day this time....


Ben will be so happy this morning. Once again, he was right and the parents were wrong. No school again today. Not such a big loss this time as it was a half day anyway. Today is Sam's turn to look after the kids and I think it's time to take them somewhere to get rid of some energy. They did very well yesterday, they played with the girl from next door for most of the day. Ben set up all the books in his bedroom and made a library, they played Hullabaloo (with prizes!!) and with Lego for most of the day.


We had freezing rain on & off all day yesterday and then it started a big fluffy snowfall last evening which has left us with quite a significant amount of snow/ice. I came into work at my usual time as I figured at least there would be little traffic on the roads. The downside to that is that the roads are still not clear and so there were some parts where you just had to let the car go where it wanted to. For the most part, the other drivers on the road were being as cautious as I was, but I still saw some spectacular slides in from of me. I made it into work in just a little over my usual commute time, so I was happy about that. Another downside to getting in early is that SLU has never cleared any of the snow/ice away. This morning, I had to work my way through a huge snowbank that they had made when they cleared the sidewalk. Luckily, I was prepared and had rolled up my jeans & worn boots to work. I was able to change into my shoes & dry out by the heater in my office & can now start my day.

1 comment:

Katie and Pete said...

I shoveled last night about 8pm and cannot believe how much snow accumlated since then! It's pretty snow though, so fluffy. Another day at home with the kids... of course Pete is out of town, he always is for the large snowfalls.

He wants to drive the venison by this week, maybe on Friday. I'll call you before he comes by to make sure it's okay.