Sunday, January 18, 2009
A practice run at empty nesting.....
Since Sam was sick yesterday afternoon, I decided I was going to take Ben & Maggie to work with me. As we were walking out the door Ben said "I'm going to see if Julie wants to play. If they let me in the house, I'm not coming back, so you can leave with out me" I'm thinking "WHAT? He always wants to go to work with me". Well, he never did come back so Maggie & I went to work together. When we got home, the only thing we saw of Ben was when he came to ask me if he could have a sleepover. Since I do so much with the kids, it's really a shock when they are not around all the time. Ben goes off and does things with his friends more & more and Mummy is feeling left out. However, on the positive side, it's an ideal opportunity to spend some time with Maggie on her own and she really does need some individual attention. It's pretty quiet without Ben around!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would welcome some quiet time... sounds glorious. I always say that one child on their own is so much easier.
Post a Comment