Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Moving on.....

Why did I decide to create a new blog? Well, everyone else is doing it and there aren't any cliffs nearby. Ben and Sam both have blogs on blogger and it seems more user friendly and can be more secure than spaces, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. An important additional feature is that your photos are not compressed on blogspot and so everyone can look at the original clarity.

It is probably also time to leave the "adoption blog" behind and move on. A lot has happened to us in the past 7 years since we first went to Ukraine to adopt Ben. It has been a rollercoaster ride in many ways, but now it is time to move on and help our children grow. I will try to keep this blog more private, in that I will not publicly promote it. It is really for close friends and family to keep in touch with us.

I received an email from an old SWAF client yesterday outlining what happened during the recent controversy and global restructuring. I read through the whole thing and marvelled that I really didn't care any more. I don't read any of the adoption boards and even though I do care about the difficulties that families have and the children left behind, it is not part of our lives any more. To be honest, I was harboring a lot of resentment from our treatment by our agency and the many troubles we had with Danyel for over 2 years. I blamed them for not giving us all the information we should have had about him and sending us to Kramatorsk with someone who had never walked inside an orphanage before and had no idea what to tell us. We now have two wonderful children in our family and another who is with a family that can help him be the best that he can. It is now time to leave the past behind and watch our children grow.

No comments: