We have now had a chance to sample all of the dishes I made at Time for Dinner. After I had been there, I baked 15 lbs of potatoes and made twice baked potatoes that I put in the freezer. Between the two events, we have many pre-prepared meals that we can use. As I thought, everything that I made at Time for Dinner has been great and it has been so much easier to have something I can get out of the freezer in the morning and put in the oven at night. We have been eating more salads with everything too. On Sunday night, I made the chicken parmesan with pesto sauce, twice baked potatoes, green beans and salad. I had made Katie's chocolate bread pudding in the crockpot too, and the meal was as good as any Christmas dinner would be. To make it even better, all I had to do was throw the ingredients for the bread pudding in the crockpot in the morning and then cook the beans and put the salad together at night.
The kids are doing pretty well with eating the new dishes too, although neither of them really eat much of anything that I make, no matter what it is. That does mean that there is easily enough for the 4 of us in the half pans that I made. Maggie was a big fan of the tilapia when I made it, Ben has pretty much picked at everything. Ben usually loves green beans, but didn't eat much of them on Sunday. I had bought the small French beans and they were delicious. He told me that he doesn't like those, he likes the small ones. I told him they were just the same but cut up. I finally figured out that he was talking about beans out of a can that he probably had at school. He insisted that they were different and I gave up in despair. Sam told me that he went to Maggie's school for lunch yesterday and that it was totally tasteless and the kids ate every bit of it. Why is it that kids eat up all the tasteless junk food around and won't eat anything that tastes wonderful to us? Last night, Maggie insisted that she wanted macaroni & cheese, so I made some for her and she just sat there and looked at it. When I asked her later why she hadn't eaten it, she just looked at me and said "I don't like macaroni and cheese"
No comments:
Post a Comment