Friday, November 7, 2008
The world according to a blind bat....
Originally, I was going to call my blog this. When I was doing my PhD and my eyes were gradually getting worse, I was sitting in the common room thinking it was unusual to see a squirrel on the tree outide. Just as I said "oh look, there's a squirrel outside", it flew away. My friend Anthony then remarked "Jane's world-the world according to a blind bat". It has stuck in my mind ever since then and apparently things haven't changed that much. I was getting Ben & Maggie's breakfast this morning and I was standing in the kitchen with the milk jug saying "where on earth did I put the top to the milk". Ben looked at me and said "Mum, it's on there already. Did you know that?" and immediately started laughing......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment